Friday, December 20, 2013

Robin Tag


My MIL sent down a parcel with no tag and since her paper had robins I had this idea to make a robin with punches so I googled and got Jak's blog and now I knew how it should look I worked out how to make him using what punches I had.
The body is a circle punch has well has his red part which it a the same circle punch but then punched again to get a sort of fat oval.
I found a punch with flowers and a leaf and it was the leaf I used for both wings and the beak. The eyes I used the Stampin Up Owl punch which I find handy for tiny circles. Made a tag and drew his feet, job done or at least I thought it was.


My DD saw them at first asked for 20!!!!!! but managed to talk her down to 10 trust me 6 is usually my maximum number before insanity takes hold.
 Apologies for the terrible photos, the first one my hubby was on his way out to deliver it when I remembered I hadn't taken a photo and the others were taken when I couldn't find any light in the house so had to use a daylight lamp.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debby, what a great idea :) I love your Robins. So pleased you didn't need to make 20 though!! Love S xxx

Marian said...

Wat leuk. Groetjes

cuilliesocks said...

These are wonderful tags Debby, love the robbins and your design.

Your card today is so pretty, lovely image and colours, hugs Kate x

kay said...

Your tags are so cute x

Cheryl W. said...

Your tags are all so "tweet."

Anne said...

Cute as buttons Debby:)
You won an image over on me blog sweetie from the Paper Shelter
http://craftyannyskoolkardz.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/blog-hop-comments-winner.html
Happy weekend
Anne x

Pat said...

How innovative and what a clever way of making a bird. They make lovely tags. x

Pia S said...

These robins are so cute, a great design for mass production! My goal for next year is to make my own tags for all my gifts...

Debbie said...

Wow Debby these are totally superb. I love them. Clever you. Debbiex

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very inventive, love them

Jane said...

Great tags Debbie, the robins look fab!
Jane xx

Sue said...

I love your tags Debby, those robins look fabulous.
hugs Sue xx

Doreen said...

Love these gorgeous Tags.xxx

Sandra H said...

So cute xx

Kathleen said...

These are fabulous.

KAth x

Wishcraft said...

Love your punched robins Debby, they're fab and so clever :o) Hugs, Lisa x

scrappymo! said...

Whew! Thank goodness you talked her down to 10...insanity would take hold of me too!!! lol

You made a cute tag and a cute group of tags!!!

Archies Mum said...

Those tags are brilliant, love them :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Brilliant tags, love that robin may even go to KJAks site and study the tutorial LOL.

Forgot to say you make me howl with laughter sometimes, you going into insanity over the tags had me shaking LOL. Although I agree with you :)
Happy Christmas.

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Fantastic tags Debby - what a great idea for using punches.

Yeah, I totally GET doing multiples of a card or a tag. My limit is only a measley 2! I did have a good belly laugh at what you said about insanity taking hold - you are TOO funny LOL!!

Jocelyn x

coops said...

gorgeous tags debby.your robins are so sweet :D

xx coops xx

susiestacey said...

Brilliant Tags, wish l had your imagination Debby, my paper this year was robbins and would have loved to have cased your tags.
x Susan x

XxJULESxX said...

aww so cute!!

Unknown said...

I will right away grab your rss as I can not find your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please let me know so that I could subscribe. Thanks.