Monday, December 02, 2013

Sparkle


The Less is More challenge this week is for Sparkle and the first thing that came inside my head was for snowflake. Now I've seen pattern paper behind snowflakes before but I wanted to use Glitter.
Cutting the snowflakes were easy, just using the snowflake dies Eliza and Funky from Simon Says stamps. In the case of Eliza I fussy cut out the centre so I could stick it on the snowflake afterwards, with the Funky snowflake the star was the waste.
Now I knew why I didn't want to throw out the Xyron 510 its slightly larger than the X one but rarely used but perfect for these cards. So I ran slight smaller card through it and I have glue on one side. Glue side facing up I stick the card underneath my snowflakes then made an awful mess with glitter which has a mind of it own. I've used Tim Holtz distress glitter.
The first card was a bit of experiment trying to get a stencil to dry emboss you can just work it out in the pic but its not keen on my thick linen card.

Yes I know I've used that sentiment again from Merry Trees.
Did you see that my mitten last week was showcased.


34 comments:

Doreen said...

Love this,fab design and colours.xxx

Teresa said...

Gorgeous card Debby
hugs Teresa x

Tracey said...

Loving the sparkly snowflakes!!! Beautiful cards Debby!! xx

Beverley said...

Lovely & sparkly, stunning. Hugs Bev x

Bonnie Weiss said...

"Less is More" ... more beautiful.

Jane said...

Elegant cards Debby - I love them
Hugs
Jane

Elaine said...

Beautifully elegant cards!

Chrissie said...

Sounds like you had fun with the glitter Debby, reminds me of the Christmas terms in school when I was teaching... the cleaners were never very happy with me when it came to using glitter! I wasn't much better than the kids!
These looks fab however....worth all the mess!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Crafting Queen said...

TWo lovely cards.

Carla S. said...

Fantastic idea, Debby! Love the sparkle behind the snowflakes! Terrific CAS design!

Pat said...

What clever ideas you have Debby, love thst blue glitter.

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Simply stunning Debby, but then your cards always are.

Love your colour choice for the glitter.

Love Sheila x

Beryl said...

Both gorgeous cards Debby. Love that shade of turquoise.
Beryl xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow both are so very beautiful with the snowflake die negative! TFS! HUGS :)

Wendy said...

Beautiful cards Debby, love the designs.
Wendy xx

Viv said...

Gorgeous Debby!

Andreja said...

What a fantastic and elegant card you made :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous cas cards Debby
Lorraine x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Debby. The snowflake is beautiful especially with the glitter behind it.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous CAS cards Debby, love the glitter behind the snowflake x Susan x

Sue said...

Absolutely stunning Debby, such a gorgeous design and wonderful sparkle.
hugs Sue xx

Marian said...

Wat mooi
Groetjes

Kathleen said...

I certainly did see it and well deserved too.
These are also fabulous, love your colour of glitter choice.

Kath x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card Debby x

Lynsey said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Debby! Love the sparkle!
Hugs Lynsey x

heidy said...

These are both gorgeous Debby!!
XXX Heidy

Pauline said...

Beautiful Debby. Love them both.
Hugs,

Anne said...

Love this Debby. A cracking card
Anne x

Linda said...

Gorgeous cards Debby .... love how you've used the glitter. xx

scrappymo! said...

Congratulations on the showcase...I did see it! Good for you!

This card is beautiful. The aqua is so sparkly and gorgeous!

coops said...

stunning cards debb.beautiful snowflakes D

xx coops xx

Cathy said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the sparkle behind the diecuts, Cathy x

Gillian R said...

So beautiful and gorgeous, love it!
Gillian LIM GD

Unknown said...

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.