Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Take a Stencil


wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge !! Thank you for joining us for the  Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too :-)
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher !! :-)
This week the challenge is ,,,,,,,,

Make Your Own Background  

i.e no patterned papers unless you have altered them. You can emboss, stamp, stencil, paint, spray, etc
We are showcasing Gelli Plates and Stencils  this week.
Gelli Plates are available in 2 sizes 6" X 6" or a larger one which is 8.5" X  11"
You don't have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used :-)
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!
50dollar_voucher_600px

I did have an idea for this challenge but I didn't have time to experiment and so I settled on doing something I knew would work. So I've used the Simon Says Stamps Falling Snow Stencil in three different ways. The hardest bit was remembering how to make a side step card.
First I used the stencil with embossing paste which is easy, stick the mask down with a bit of tape onto the card and like you ice a cake spread the paste over the stencil. Then smooth off the excess with a palate knife. Gently lift up and wash stencil immediately it dries quick. Leave to dry and that how I made my snowy background.
The second way I used it I embossed with it although you can't quite tell on this card but it works quite well. At this point I made my snow mounds using the Spellbinders Curve die. The Picket fence and grass is MFT dies and also my Pure Innocence snowman.
Now the third way of using the sketch and if you've been following my blog the last couple of weeks you would know that I don't do random dots but using the stencil and a pencil I dot the snow and then using Liquid Pearl make little dots of snow.
That just leave my actual snow flakes which is the Simon Says Stamps Maryanne one and the small snowflake is from MFT.




So now it's YOUR turn ! Happy Crafting !!
Simon Says Stamp


You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in :-)
No backlinking allowed, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw :-)

33 comments:

rachel said...

this is gorgeous Debby - love this challenge - right up my alley xx

Emily Leiphart said...

So delightful, Debby! I love this happy scene and all the wonderful details you added to it. Makes me want to sing Christmas carols!

Lin said...

A wonderful little tutorial showing the versatality of these stencils, Debby! Your little snow scene is so cute!

*Vicki* said...

Very fun and snowy creation Deb!! Love the pearls around the snowman and your fun fenced scene! HUGS :)

Tracy said...

Looks like a perfect frosty scene to me Debby. Great design! Hugs!

Marlies said...

A beautiful Christmas card with a cute snowman and a lovely snowy background! hugs, Marlies

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Debby. I love the cute snowman and wonderful scene you have created.
hugs Sue xx

Danni said...

What a cute little snowy scene! Adorable!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Debby, love the cute snowman and fabulous design.
Wendy xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous as always Debby - fabulous design and your tags below are stunning too :o)
Debs xx

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Debby, lovely snowman - hope we are not building them anytime soon though x Susan x

Anonymous said...

Hi Debby:
I love your Card the snowman is just adorable and I just love your little fence. just love everything about it ..
hugs
Dottie

Anonymous said...

Hi Debby:
I love your Card the snowman is just adorable and I just love your little fence. just love everything about it ..
hugs
Dottie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Debby, I love it. x

coops said...

so gorgeous debby.fab snowman and i love the stencilled snow ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

gorgeous Debby and thx for all the details on how you used the stencil!

Annie said...

lovin' that stencil snow on your background, and the shape of the card (not tried a step card yet). Nice tags here too .. .. sorry I've not been by, but I do see your creations pop up on Pinterest!
hugs, annie x

Heather said...

Fabulous Debby, such an adorable scene, a brilliant snow background, an cute snowman!!

hugs
Heather xx

Irene said...

Absolutely fabulous Debby!!

xx Irene

cuilliesocks said...

Love your card Debby, great snowy scene with the fab snowman, hugs kate x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

This is fabulous Debby and what a cutie

Love it

Ali x

Kathleen said...

Love the navy and white and a tip top all round jolly good card.
Thought I'd say something different for a change.

Kath x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

It's lovely Debby love the stencilled snow background. Susan x

pinky said...

This is so so gorgeous Debby, what a beautiful little scene.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous wintery scene! Love that cute little snowman :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Whisper said...

Oooo what a great snowman and scene/ layout too, Luv Sam x

Sandra H said...

Ooooooo So pretty is your card xx

Wishcraft said...

Oh love your snowy background! Fab design and image too, lovely card Debby :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Jane said...

Absolutely awesome!
I love this card design Debby!
Hugs
Jane

Beryl said...

Fab card Debbie. Love the icicle and fence dies together at the front especially.
Beryl xx

Pat said...

Such a delightful card with so many different techniques included on it, beautifully crafted, and it just shouts 'Christmas'.

Julie said...

Fab card Debby, really cute scene you've created.

Jo Nevill said...

Super fantastic card Debby, your snowman is gorgeous and I adore the scene you have created for him.

Jo x