Thursday, January 07, 2016

Snowball


Having major meltdown with computer apps at the moment, I use Picasa to upload my photos too but despite uninstalling and reinstalling it won't let me. So I had to find the actual programme that came with the PC and having to work out how to crop etc. Then finding out I had to use photoshop who doesn't get on with me that well to add the signature. As you can see I got there in the end but I really don't have time messing about on the PC when I could be doing far nicer things like actually make cards.

Back to my card, this cutie is a sneak peek at some new images not sure when they are going to be available but hopefully it will be soon. Not sure if the image is a boy or girl probably depends on what colours you use.

The papers are Doodlebug and then I got out some favourite dies especially has Mr Mojo is still on holiday somewhere sunny I expect. I used fun foam for the white part of my snowflakes to help them stand out from all the white and a touch of blue to help also.

I used MFT crochet border die for round my stitched oval die image and some glamour dust for the snowball and the Sticklers for my hills of snow.

Today I'm joining Slimming World, having put back nearly all my good work over the last couple of years. I need to get back on the wagon and decided that perhaps I needed a bit more support and the half the family seems to go to Slimming World anyway so that could be helpful too.

Also today it is a year since I lost my Mum but today is the only day I will mention it. I want to remember the good times not the bad. We have put some words in the remembrance book on her birth date so we can remember her on her Birthday and the happy memories we have of her.




28 comments:

~ginny said...

One of my favorites that you have done Debbie! Love her!
~ginny
RubberMAD

downrightcrafty said...

fabulous snowball, although I like snow it is too cold and causes too many issues. Loving your card
hugs Kate xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous card, love the bright colours. I hate having to mess around on the PC too but I use photoshop all the time for my pics and thankfully never had an issue. Good luck with SW. I love the plan but hated the classes, wen twice, got the info and a recipe book and did it myself. Need to get back on it now but it has changed the way I cook and think of food. Thinking of you today and your lovely Mum xx

Mervi said...

Stunning and lovely card.
Thinking of you, hugs;-))m

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely bright card Debby and such a lovely image....
I use photoshop at well...but I'm not that good with the PC anyway...
Thinking of you today..

Anne

Sarah said...

Wow, this is a fantastic card Debby...love the colours you have chosen. Thinking of you xx

Liz said...

A striking card! A beautiful image and I love the snowflakes. Thinking of you. xx

Sandra H said...

So lovely is your card lovely photo of your mum sending lots of love x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very colourful and gorgeous card design Debby.
Thinking of you today.
Lorraine

Pat said...

This is gorgeous Debby and I love the way you have coordinated the red and white spots on the background and on that cute character's hat and scarf. I can see where you get your knitting and crochet skills from and the first anniversary is always the hardest, but you are right to remember all the happy times you had with her. x

Becky said...

How pretty!

Andreja said...

What a fantastic card :-))
Hugs, Andreja

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

You always make your images look so dimensional Debby, I always admire them. What a lovely picture of your dear mum. Mine is celebrating her 90th birthday in a couple of weeks! Mum's are so precious! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Jane said...

Fantastic card Debby, I especially love the texture on the snowball!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love how you matched the coloring with the papers. So sorry about your Mum. I can totally empathize and I just love the idea of the remembrance book. Thanks so much for sharing your talents and insights with us.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Pam Hornschu said...

Wonderful design and coloring!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Debby, such a super image and lovely bright colours.
Have your tried PicMonkey, it's quite easy to use and most of it is free.
Pauline
x

Brawny x said...

What a lovely photo of your Mum Debby...I can't believe it's been a year already..am thinking of you. A gorgeous card. Love the image..love the snowy snowball - you know what I mean lol! Great card x

Carol S. said...

Sweet image and love your design. A gorgeous card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww hunny, I know what it is to lose a parent. But you're right to focus on the good memories. Hugs to you especially today. Love your fabulous card hun, that image is so sweet and your paper piecing utterly brilliant as always. Big hugs, Wends x

Cheryl W. said...

Your Mum looks like she was a lovely lady - such a kind face Love your card today You've inspired me to cut my snowflakes from fun foam, too. It really does add a lot of dimension.

Eemeli said...

Wonderful make. That snow looks very nice and I just love those die-cut snowflakes.

Seeing your Mum's photo made me think of my grandma and great-grandma who I lost both during last year. Tough times but memories are the ones we cherish.

Hugs,
Eemeli

Joey said...

Big hugs for you Debby xxx

Your card is amazing, Ihad to look twice at the snowball, is it really just glitter? It looks like some sort of flock texture, beautiful make. Jo xx

Tracy said...

Beautiful job Debby. Lots of fun textures. I finally got around to using my snowflake dies with the fun foam. It came out great! Hugs!

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card, love the texture on the snowball and fab bright papers.
It's a lovely photo of your Mum.
Sending hugs
Lorraine x

Lynne in NI said...

Can't believe it's a year already! A sad day for you.
Good luck with SW .. I'm afraid I've fallen off the wagon and need to get my act together again too

XxJULESxX said...

stunning card Debby as usual!

Unknown said...

Super cute card xx