Friday, April 07, 2017

Crochet and Update


I'm not sure what impresses me the fact this image, I took with my ipad and managed through air sharing got it onto my main pc (Ok I had to send it to my phone first) or the fact I finally finished the surrounding squares of my Christmas colours Demelza blanket.

If you have made the blanket you will have realised that I have replaced the stripes with the small squares, only because I wasn't keen on them and the the blanket is for me so therefore I should make the way I would like.

Of course I hadn't worked out instead of 16 squares, 8 of each colour. I actually needed 32 altogether, 16 of each colour. They were finished going up and down the motorway seeing Hubby's brother.
I've a few more rows to finish the main square and it will be the joining and border.

I've already decided my next blanket, it seems I have three baby blankets to make this year, hopefully now I'm up to three it will stop there. I've actually brought a pattern from Julie Yeager on Raverly called Faded Love which I think would work in pastel colours perfect for a baby whether a boy or girl.

I was so looking forward to an easy weekend but its got busy with a tea-party with my superhero great nephew's birthday on Saturday and Hubby is taking my Sister and myself to Ally Pallyon Sunday so will need to raid my craft money box.

6 comments:

ike said...

FANTASTIC !!! Such amazing colours :-) x

crafty sod said...

Wow, they are beautiful, what lovely colours, I recently learnt how to crochet so I appreciate the time that it takes to make and join up these projects so keep going, I know how you struggle.
carole eaton Stourbridge

Pat said...

Such beautiful work Debby and love the colours, and you certainly work very quickly. I love the choice of pattern for the baby blankets. x

Lorraine said...

These look very pretty, gorgeous colours and pattern
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Looks great Debby, lots of hard work I guess!
Liselot

Debbie said...

These look fabulous Debby...great colours. Hope you are well. Debbie x