Thursday, June 08, 2017

Sailing


I had to make some really quick cards this week, short of time so I thought I hava go at some sketches and was shocked to discover Mojo Monday is having their last sketch challenge what a shock. I had to use their last sketch.
Not sure it works as well as it did in my head, I turned the sketch on its side and I used probably one of my favourite Mo's image or should I say three, the little chap is from the Sailor Boys set.

The papers are indeed Doodlebug but last years still have a few favourite sheets left. I always use an anchor which I thought was too predictable so I just added some clouds and sentiment. The fishtail banners were handmade using a square punch the fishtails.

My DD has brought into a flat share and is about to leave the nest but first while its empty we are cleaning and painting. She hoping to carpet it too while its empty. Hubby has taken a couple of deckchairs down there so I can supervise.

8 comments:

Sandra H said...

Beautiful is your card and so adorable is your image l just love it! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I Love the image and how you have used the papers to compliment him, a fab card.
Faith
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous card love the papers

Chrissy said...

LOL..I can see you supervising in your deck chair Debby..FABulous sweet card this image is adorable and I love all the papers and patterns.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pat said...

Beautiful papers to go with that sweet image Debby and the sketch looks great on its side and I love the clouds and circular sentiment to finish. x

Jacki Daniels said...

such a sweet card really shocked to hear about MM closing xx

José said...

Love your card Debby, specialy the nautic theme

XxJULESxX said...

love it! perfect nautical card!!